VIRTUAL NETWORKING DONE RIGHT, FINALLY.
An online book club with professional development and truly fun networking
A BETTER WAY TO CONNECT
Bookclub, brought to you by Swell Spark and Landmark National Bank
Networking is hard in a “handshake-less” world. But it doesn’t have to be. As a Bookclub member, you will meet and connect with decision-makers in KC, improve your work life, and have fun along the way!
- Move past using COVID as small talk
- Meet decision-makers and problem-solvers in the KC market
- Start meaningful conversations about your business goals
- Embrace your inner bookworm!
- Equip yourself with new tools to grow personally & professionally
Are your employees in a ‘work from home’ slump?
Gift your employees intentional networking and professional growth. They will thank you for it.
Discounts available for bulk purchases for teams! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
LET’S BE FRIENDS. JOIN OUR BOOKCLUB!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Each month, Bookclub members will join a 90-minute virtual meeting:
- Part 1: 30-minute presentation from a local business leader discussing how the book was applied to their business and other key learnings.
- Part 2: 20-minute Q&A with author and/or presenter about the book and their journey in business.
- Part 3: 30-minute structured breakout session with 5-8 other members.
- Conclusion: 10-minute conclusion and a brief introduction of the next book.
All necessary supplies for Bookclub (books, handouts, collectibles) will be shipped in advance.
HOW MUCH DOES BOOKCLUB COST?
A four-month Bookclub membership costs $160 for the complete package. The total cost is $174.60 with tax.
WHAT BOOKS ARE WE READING?
We believe surprises bring joy to everyday life. We can guarantee each book will be a nationally recognized book, with a focus on personal and professional growth.
However, if you find you’ve read one of the books in this first Bookclub session, we will work with you to invite a guest for that month’s session. We still highly encourage you to read along with us – even if you’ve read the book once before.
“To reread a book is to read a different book. The reader is different. The meaning is different.”
WHAT IF I DON'T LIVE IN KANSAS CITY?
To get the most out of a Bookclub membership, interested members are welcome to join if they reside in the Greater Kansas City Metro.
We intend to meet in real life twice during the series, so members should be able to attend in-person events.
At Swell Spark, we’re fun-enthusiasts. Swell Spark is working to create ways to forge intentional relationships that go beneath the surface.
We’ve teamed up with Landmark National Bank to bring you Bookclub. Landmark National Bank believes nothing is more powerful than being part of a group that is hungry to become the best version of themselves. Sharing a book lets us challenge ideas while gaining wisdom and encouragement from others.
We can’t wait to meet you, virtually.